MKRF Initiative: Health
Campaign: Pakistan vs Polio
Date: 20 December, 2020
A Drop of Life!
Pakistan is one of only two countries in the world with ongoing wild poliovirus transmission.
The Polio Challenge
Long-Term – Eliminate Polio From Pakistan
The Battle Call: Commence narrative building, changing mindsets about Polio
- Destroy myths and misconceptions about the polio vaccine.
- Unite the country into the belief that Polio is a national calamity; its elimination is the responsibility of each one of us.
- Change mindsets. Achieve behavioral change. Turn every Pakistani into a Polio beater.
Commence new narrative and national belief:
- We are a people united and resilient.
- We have outperformed most countries of the world in the fight against the COVID pandemic.
- United the country in the determination to completely eliminate Polio from Pakistan.
- Highlighted bravery of Polio Workers.
- Though the campaign was Polio centric, it was part of and in support of the overall Sehatmand Pakistan initiative of the Government.
The Campaign objectives
- To elevate the Polio threat perception to the level of a “National Health Emergency”.
- To raise awareness, involvement and urgency.
- To unite Pakistan in efforts to completely eliminate Polio from the country.
- Momentum was generated and taken to an emphatic conclusion.